One Step Report #8
Another week gone, another month ended. Wow! How did that happen? I don’t know if your life is like mine, but it sure seems like the last week of the month ends up being especially busy, no matter how I try to make it otherwise.
This week’s report: 63 steps. I think that’s the most so far in a week. I feel good about that, and find it so interesting that while I have so many “things” I’d like to accomplish, what really matters to me at the end of the day most often pertains to relationships. This week was no different.
1. Had a truly magical moment with this boy at his student-led Parent/Teacher Conference this week. An experience I’ll not soon forget. This is him standing next to a report he wrote… I should have taken a close-up of the paper. His handwriting is INCREDIBLE, but that’s the least of the amazing things I heard from/about him that day.
2. Had marvelous experiences with 3 others at their student-led Parent/Teacher Conferences as well. There’s something pretty cool about your child greeting you with a handshake, walking you to their desk, pulling out a binder and walking you through all their work, giving you a summary of all their grades, inviting you to read their personal mission statement and personal goals, telling you what they love about school and about themselves, and then asking you if you have any questions. Let’s see, do I have any questions? Um, yeah. Can I hug and kiss you right here in front of your teacher without embarrassing you too much? Seriously, when was the last time you felt like crying for joy at a Parent/Teacher conference? First time for me.
3. Thanks to my amazing husband, I was able to complete a project WHILE THE SUN WAS SHINING so that I could get decent pictures.
4. Had an emotional, difficult, but very revealing conversation with Mr. Wonderful about parenting, fears, hopes, etc. and came out of it a better person. Really kind of a defining moment, I think.
5. Finished a quilt.
6. Celebrated George Washington’s birthday.
7. In an effort to conquer my complete lack of desire to cook anything lately (something to do with feeding 10 people 4 or 5 or 6 times a day sort of makes me not want to be in my kitchen much), I made this lemon bundt cake today:
It tasted as good as it looks. Isn’t it beautiful?
All in all, a good week. Today also brings the close of another month, so the monthly summary for February is 228 steps, making 422 since January 1. This month was a bit harder emotionally (isn’t it for everyone? Who out there ISN’T sick of winter except for my snowboarding husband?) but I kept going. All of my carpools this month fell through for various reasons (illness, vacation, etc.) so I spent a TON of time in the car. Still, I feel like I was able to get some things done and make some small steps toward meeting goals. I want to stay on target a little more, but all in all, I feel pretty good. Ever forward, but slowly!
Have a great week!